Capital Improvement Plan
Past & Present Projects
Capital Improvements Since 1996
- Upgrade Baldwin Rd facility electrical service and distribution center.
- Replace steel water main on Riverside Rd with PVC.
- Computerize meter reading reducing man power to read meters.
- Install computerized control and monitoring system for pumps and tanks.
- Install master meters to monitor and reduce water loss in the system.
- Add an additional 210,000 gallon tank to Baldwin Rd Yard.
- Add a 3rd booster pump Baldwin Rd Yard to build redundancy and reliability.
- Drill two new wells to allow reducing the amount of purchased water from Casitas MWD.
- Expand security to at the Baldwin Rd Yard facilities.
- Emergency Stand-by generators.
- Safety upgrades to chlorine system.
- Replaced a flood prone water main across the Ventura River.
- Automated pumping facilities for reliable operations.
- Relocated storage and pumping facility incorporating highly efficient pumps and equipment decreasing power costs and increasing reliability.
- Capital Improvement cost has averaged over $460,000 per year, totaling over $4.1 million.