2023 Board Vacancy
The Ventura River Water District Board of Directors is currently accepting applications for appointment to a Director vacancy on the Board. One or more persons may be appointed. The appointee will fill the unexpired term of the vacant seat, which runs through 2024. The appointed individual will have the opportunity to run for election for a four-year term of office at the 2024 general election.
The VRWD Board seeks to maintain an engaged, forward-thinking board to make decisions about water rates, system maintenance, water quality, fire protection, and water reliability. Engaged Directors need to be familiar with the Board packet materials and attend meeting well prepared. Board meetings are typically held once a month on the 3rd Wednesday of each month with periodic committee meetings.
- You must be registered to vote and reside within the District’s service area.
- You must submit an application no later than 4:30 pm, August 15, 2023 (electronic submissions are preferred):
- Complete the Board Application or
- Download the Board Application and submit it to the District by one of the following ways:
- Email: Send the completed packet to VRWD firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Mail to Ventura River Water District, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 409 Old Baldwin Rd, Ojai, CA, 93023
- Dropbox: Leave in one of the dropboxes located at 409 Old Baldwin Rd
- Interviews will be conducted with selected candidates at public meetings
- The candidate is appointed by the Board of Directors
Application Due: August 15, 2023, 4:30 pm
Interview Date(s): TBD
Appointment of new Director by: September 20, 2023
Effective September 19th, 2023 Board Members will be compensated at the rate of $300 per day for attendance of meetings, and $229 per day for attendance of committee meetings or other service rendered by a member of the Board by request of the Board.
Email Bert Rapp, Bert@vrwd.ca.gov or call 805-646-3403